Did you ever notice how there's never a "wrong" cloud? Clouds are perfect just as they are.

The same is true for each one of us.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wrong 5

Wrong continues to show up in how important it is for me to "make people right." I can't tell you how often I reword my statements, even in short little emails, to avoid any hint of criticism. I've gotten so good at it, that some people think it comes naturally to me. With kids it does, but not with adults. And so what do I do? Teach parents and teachers how to see that kids are always right somehow! And I use extreme acceptance to coach myself through breakthroughs.

Acceptance and right are closely linked to me. I wonder if that's a collapse, too. If right=liking=acceptance=happy, that would be consistent with wrong=not liking=rejection=anger. Why not? I spent most my life with the collapse anger=rejection inherited from my mother whose dementia is revealing all sorts of family belief patterns. Anger=rejection is a big one; she now threatens to push people down when she gets mad at them -- a pretty physical display of rejection. It seems to me that anger and "wrong" are completely tied together in my family. Nothing will tick me off faster than "wrong" things.

Next?

No comments:

Post a Comment